Householders have been urged to make home security a New Year resolution for 2019.
Here are some simple tips from Aid Electrical & Security which provides security burglar alarm systems to homes and businesses across Dublin and the surrounding counties.
1. In 2019 always make sure that your doors and windows are locked when leaving the house, even if it is just a short trip.
2. Ilminate your home: Make sure your home will always look occupied by investing in smart plugs or timed lights, some of which might be on sale in January!
3. Arm your Burglar Alarm: Your home is safer if you have an alarm, but you should always be sure to arm it.
4. Hide your valuables: Make sure that your most valuable and treasured possessions won’t be easily found if a burglar gains entry to your house.
5. Do a fire drill: Before the end of January, sit with your family and agree your fire evacuation route. Then practise it!